When Jazz icon, Louis Armstrong, recorded the single hit, "What A Wonderful World" in 1967, there were millions of Americans who agreed with him.
But society goes in cycles, and now in the 21st Century most Americans don't think it's such a wonderful world after all.
A new report released by the American Psychological Association (APA) reveals that 57% of Americans say the current political climate is a “very” or “somewhat” significant source of their stress, and close to half of Americans say the outcome of last year's election causes them stress.
Here's APA’s annual Stress in America study.
1. Toxic food: Poisoning your brain so it cannot function properly
2. Heavy metal toxicity: The silent saboteur
3. Lack of nature: Avoiding what grounds your body
4. Psychological attachments: Unwittingly seeking old, familiar misery again and again
5. Consumerism: Desiring stuff that makes you feel empty
6. Lack of exercise: Willingness to feel lethargic
7. Ignorance about feelings: Trapping negative emotions in your body
8. It's a diagnosis: Promoting depression
To drill deeper on these categories go here.
Experts point out that the bottom line with depression may be how hard it is to shake off.
People can make lists of the things they know they can do to feel better, but seldom follow up on them.
Sometimes, people can be their own worst enemy.
Time for me to walk on down the road...