1. Ends Discrimination for Pre-Existing Conditions: Insurance companies will be prohibited from refusing you coverage because of your medical history.
2. Ends Exorbitant Out-of-Pocket Expenses, Deductibles or Co-Pays: Insurance companies will have to abide by yearly caps on how much they can charge for out-of-pocket expenses.
3. Ends Cost-Sharing for Preventive Care: Insurance companies must fully cover, without charge, regular checkups and tests that help you prevent illness, such as mammograms or eye and foot exams for diabetics.
4. Ends Dropping of Coverage for Seriously Ill: Insurance companies will be prohibited from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for those who become seriously ill.
5. Ends Gender Discrimination: Insurance companies will be prohibited from charging you more because of your gender.
6. Ends Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage: Insurance companies will be prevented from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive.
7. Extends Coverage for Young Adults: Children would continue to be eligible for family coverage through the age of 26.
8. Guarantees Insurance Renewal: Insurance companies will be required to renew any policy as long as the policyholder pays their premium in full. Insurance companies won't be allowed to refuse renewal because someone became sick.
Learn more and get details:
Click here to read 8 Common Myths about health reform.
AS IT STANDS My name is Dave Stancliff. This is my personal blog. I'm a retired newspaper editor/publisher; husband/father & Vietnam vet, Laker fan for 60 years. All opinions are mine unless otherwise noted.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
The Mistake We Make When Trying to Communicate with Political Extremists
First off... you're never going to convince a MAGA minion that Trump isn't the son of God, and his holy mission is to get rid of th...
It's hard to believe that so many people viewed this column ( There's a monopoly on marijuana growing & research in America. &q...
By Graeme McMillan Part- Star Wars homage, part-alternate history , If Star Wars Was Real retells the history of the 20th century with som...