Pollsters and pundits all agree, most Americans are so stressed out by Trump's racist policies, destruction of our bedrock values, and devisive rhetoric, that they are having trouble functioning in our volatile society.
I could share study after study that proves the Trump administration has worked against the best interests of the majority of Americans. Suicides are too common. Too many people are living in fear.
But that's not my topic for this post. Today I want to share a little old fashioned advice on how to deal with living under the Trump regime and chasing the blues away.
1. Make sure to exercise - I realize that might sound contradictory, but putting physical stress on your body through exercise can relieve mental stress.
Suggestion: No matter what kind of shape your in, it's easy to get a life-sized stuffed Trump doll (make one if you have to - another good activity to release stress) and kick the shit out of it daily!
2. Light a candle - let's say your stress level needs reduced quickly - one way is to light a candle made from Lavender, Rose, Bergamot, or Frankincense.
Suggestion: these calming scents go back to ancient times. They worked then and they work now. This should be part of your daily routine when dealing with Trump lies.
3. Write It Down - This is one of my favorite ways of dealing with the orange anus in the Oval Office. No matter where you're at you can sit down and express your feelings.
Suggestion: Start an Opinion Blog like this one. My daily entries keep me sane and it's nice connecting with people who feel the same way.
4. Laugh - That's right. Laughter is the best medicine. It relieves tension and relaxes your muscles.
Suggestion: Watch Stephen Colbert, Treavor Noah, Seth Meyers, and John Oliver's shows. It's really satisfying to laugh, especially when it's about Trump and his minions.
5. Listen to Soothing Music - You've probably heard the old trope about music soothing the savage beast. It's true! Experts say low-paced instrumental music can induce the relaxation response by helping lower blood pressure and heart rate as well as stress hormones.
Suggestion: Try some types of classical music like Celtic, Native American and Indian music. They can all be particularly soothing. The key is to pick something you like.
So, that's it for today folks! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you benefit from these tips.
Time for me to walk on down the road...