Good Day Humboldt County!
I’m feeling a little quirky today and when I found this little essay, it made my day!
REPLYING TO AN INVITATION
TO A SCIENTIST'S BALL
- Pierre and Marie Curie were radiating enthusiasm.
- Einstein thought it would be relatively easy to attend.
- Volta was electrified and Archimedes, buoyant at the thought.
- Ampere was worried he wasn't up to current research.
- Ohm resisted the idea at first.
- Boyle said he was under too much pressure.
- Edison thought it would be an illuminating experience.
- Watt reckoned it would be a good way to let off steam.
- Stephenson thought the whole idea was loco.
- Wilbur Wright accepted, provided he and Orville could get a flight.
- Dr Jekyll declined -- he hadn't been feeling himself lately.
- Morse's reply: "I'll be there on the dot. Can't stop now must dash."
- Heisenberg was uncertain if he could make it.
- Hertz said in the future he planned to attend with greater frequency.
- Henry begged off due to a low capacity for alcohol.
- Audobon said he'd have to wing it.
- Hawking said he'd try to string enough time together to make a space in his schedule.
- Darwin said he'd have to see what evolved.
- Schrodinger had to take his cat to the vet, or did he?
- Mendel said he'd put some things together and see what came out.
- Descartes said he'd think about it.
- Newton was moved to attend.
- Pavlov was drooling at the thought.
- Gauss was asked to attend because of his magnetic personality.
- JP Clark & Siegfried the Deerslayer Wanna-Be
Time for me to walk on down the road…