We live in a time where absurdity is just one of the societal ill-effects from a dumbed-down America during the Trump era.
Here's three examples that followed Trump's State of the Union address:
1. Melania Trump causes furor for only wearing one glove
2. Joshua Trump (no relative) falls asleep during Trump's speech
3. Nancy Pelosi claps in Trump's face
These stories are so ridiculous that they have to qualify as absurd.
1. Right-wing Evangelicals claim God sent Trump
2. Ignoring the definition of stupidity, Trump repeatedly denies facts
3.Compromising has become a lost art.
4. Republicans deny global warming
5. In just two years America has become an international laughing stock thanks to Trump.
The good news is things can change.
When the committees, grand juries, and special counsel all finish their research, the odds of Trump getting re-elected are pretty slim.
As for the odds of Trump actually finishing his term, I'll go with that famous betting house, Paddy's, in Ireland: they're saying 50-50. Care to place a bet?
Time for me to walk on down the road...