Rather than writing about the history of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be more interesting if I listed the reasons why I'm thankful on this holiday.
It may even inspire you to take stock of your blessings.
1. I'm thankful for having made it to 69-years-old, and I still have my eyesight, hearing (albeit not perfect), and am able to walk unassisted.
2. I'm thankful that I've been married to the same beautiful woman/soul for 45 years.
3. I'm thankful for my wonderful, and close, family and friends.
4. I'm still amazed, and thankful, I survived combat in Vietnam, and Cambodia (1970).
5. Despite how ugly our society has become, I'm thankful there are still millions of good people helping out other people in need.
6. I'm thankful to be an American living in a land where freedom is still considered an inherent right for all.
7. I'm thankful that I can still write for an audience (this blog and my fiction blog), despite having retired from journalism two decades ago.
Time for me to walk on down the road...