My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want...
Sorry, my dear!
And where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're here."
- Send In The Clowns
Good Day World!
It's not a real good idea to bring on the clowns this year.
With Halloween looming around the corner there's creepy clowns in the news for stalking people from coast-to-coast.
There's even a Definitive Map of America's Creepy Clown Epidemic.
The new menace is called clowning.
Clowning has put real, make-em-laugh clowns and their defenders in a very bad place.
Here's some examples of clowns recently arrested or accused of having made threats:
- Indian Trail, N.C., where Union County sheriff's deputies said Monday that they'd arrested a man in clown makeup who was trespassing on a store's property while carrying a hatchet.
- Crookston, Minn., where police said Monday that a 15-year-old boy dressed up as a clown was arrested over the weekend, allegedly while carrying a large butcher knife.
- Spartanburg, S.C., where Spartanburg County sheriff's deputies said they're investigating a (poorly spelled) threat posted Monday on social media that aclown will attack two high schools on "holloween."
- Albuquerque, N.M., where police said Monday that three juveniles wearing clown masks were issued a citation Sunday for brandishing an air gun near a Babies "R" Us store.
- (Source for above summaries)
It's not even safe for Ronald McDonald right now!