Saturday, May 25, 2013

Okay…who’s really taking a 3 day vacation for Memorial Day?

    Good Day World!

A three-day vacation? Really?

Most people can’t unwind on a regular weekend, let alone for three days. The culprit is smartphones and computers. We can’t live without the damn things! The average smartphone user checks his/hers once every six minutes according to a recent survey. It averages out to 150 times a day!

How the hell can we relax when we’re constantly waiting for our smartphones to call us? Or, the lure of our computers?

Government data from 2011 says 35 percent of us work on weekends, and those who do average five hours of labor, often without compensation - or even a thank you. The other 65 percent were probably too busy to answer surveyors’ questions.

This isn’t good news for people with high blood pressure and anxiety attacks. Our addiction to smartphones has led to new problems like the fear of losing them! Some people sleep with their smartphones under their pillow. It’s really crazy when you think about it.

Frankly, I don’t have the answer to this problem. I certainly won’t stray far from my own online addiction. Like this blog.

Oh what the hell! At least try not to do work on your smartphone or computer this weekend okay!

Time for me to walk on down the road…

No comments:

Some Scary Halloween Costumes: What Would Happen If There Wasn't a Dress Code in Congress?

Inspired by Rep. "Gym" Jordan's refusal to wear a suit jacket in the Capitol (or anywhere else), I have a stunning prediction...