Monday, February 22, 2010

Choking warning urged for food labels

Image: Joan Stavros Adler

When 4-year-old Eric Stavros Adler choked to death on a piece of hot dog, his anguished mother never dreamed that the popular kids' food could be so dangerous.

 My first reaction, after reading the above headline was “Not another stupid label for stupid people!”

After reading this article I changed my mind. Who would have thought?

photo source 


Anonymous said...

Since so many things (rocks, small toys, food) are choking hazards, wouldn't it make more sense to focus on teaching people to deal with choking? I knew a small girl who choked and nearly died on a dried bean.

The practicality of keeping small objects from little ones is in question when that means virtually isolating the child from the world--unless one was willing to sweep rocks from dirt or keep the kid isolated from older kids (watch out for their toys). It is too much if one must keep kids from the very ground around them. Its better to teach us how to deal with the occasional horrible accident in my opinion.

ImBlogCrazy said...

Real good point Kymk

Going to the root of the matter makes a lot more sense.

If parents don't watch out for their young children, they'll eat rocks! But we can't put warning labels on rocks (can we?).

CHAOS! McCarthy Loses Speakership

It was history. No House Speaker has ever been ousted until Kevin McCarthy was voted out of his job today. The weakest speaker of the house...