Good Day World!
From all accounts, I didn't miss much during yesterday's debacle in front of the Lincoln Memorial, billed as a Salute To America.
Pundits aren't writing about a 4th of July oratory for the ages reminiscent of a speech by Julius Caesar.
Trump's attempt at telling history led to claims of airports during the Revolutionary War, and a stiff defense of Ft. Henry then...when of course, the Ft. Henry thing (rockets in the air, etc.) happened in the War of 1812.
The water-soaked affair will probably be best remembered for the presence of the Baby Trump Blimp and the Trump on his Thrown Blimp, both of which bobbed happily throughout
Playtime is over for Trump. Between now and the end of September, he has to come up with a budget, or we'll have another government shutdown.
That would be twice in one year. Someone needs to check and see if that's another dubious record set by the orange anus.
Here's where negotiations stand:
1) The GOP senators can't get Trump to sign on with their budget plan.
2) Trump doesn't even know what he wants.
3) Republicans are baffled by what Trump wants (the goal post keeps moving)
4) No one's asked what the Democrats want.
5) Trump doesn't care what the Dems want.
6) Any bipartisan agreement could be vetoed at the last moment by our precocious man child Trump.
Caesar ignored the warning about not going to the senate on the Ides of March, and we all know how that turned out.
I've got to think that two shutdowns in one year is not a ringing endorsement for a smooth government. In the very least, it shows chaos in the administration.
Multiple senators took Caesar down.
Multiple criminal investigations will take Trump down.
Another shutdown this fall will be considered more evidence of his incompetence.
Time for me to walk on down the road...