Good Day World!
It’s a black and blue world.
On one hand, there’s been a series of cases where white police officers have shot and killed black men. On the other, there’s been a series of cases where black men have shot and killed police officers.
In the most recent case a NYPD officer who was shot in the head while sitting in an unmarked patrol car in Queens over the weekend, died on Monday.
In the Baltimore case where Freddie Gray – a black man – was killed while in police custody, there’s been six officers arrested and charged with contributing to his death while he was being transported in a police vehicle.
Three of the six officers involved were black.
I could go back and forth – tit for tat – in both cases, but that would get me nowhere. The next option; I’ll ask you a few questions regarding blue and black relations.
I need some input here.
1) Would you be a cop in today’s society?
2) Do we even need cops?
3) Because of the recent racial protests – if you were a cop – would you hesitate to shoot a black man committing a crime?
4) Are MOST cops racist?
5) If you saw a cop being attacked would you help him/her?
1) Should young black men be afraid of the law?
2) Are black men who commit a crime treated the same as white men?
3) Should Blacks protest nationally every time a black man is shot by the cops?
4) Why are there more blacks in prison than whites?
5) Is it understandable when blacks loot businesses during racial protests?
Time for me to walk on down the road…