Good Day World!
Most people don’t like Monday.
There’s a variety of interesting reasons for this.
I’ve gathered seven of them for you today. There’s more, but who wants to read a ton of stuff first thing on a Monday morning?
1) According to this source most of us can’t summon up the gumption for a smile until 11:16 a.m. Sounds a bit early to me.
2) Researchers claim that most of us find the start of the week so grim nearly half of us are late for work. Again, a conservative estimate in my humble opinion.
3) Social scientists claim that people between the ages of 45 and 54 are likely to suffer the most Monday blues.
4.) Numerous work studies have shown that Monday is the least productive day of the week. If you put in three productive hours you’re probably doing pretty good.
5) I couldn’t find suicide statistics for Mondays in the United States, but I did come across one conducted by the Office for National Statistics in England. It found 16% of male suicides and 17% of female suicides occurred on Mondays, compared to 13% on the weekend days.
6) Monday mornings could seriously damage your health, according to research carried out by Japan's Tokyo Women's Medical University and published in the American Journal of Hypertension.
7) The term ‘Mondayitis’ has become a popular saying among employees who work a common working week starting on Monday.
In times past Monday also became known as ‘Blue Monday’, named when the first day of the week was set aside for doing laundry. Bluing was used to keep clothes white and from that product the day became known as ‘Blue Monday’.
Although today Mondays are not typically set aside for laundry as they once were the term ‘Blue Monday’ still exists as many employees begin their working week after a weekend break.
Time for me to walk on down the road…