Good Day World!
Here’s eight important events that took place on this day (July 1st) in history:
What do you know about this famous theory? The graphics on the left will give you the real lowdown.
2. 1907 - World's 1st air force established (US Army).
The United States Army Air Forces (USAAF or AAF) were the military aviation service of the United States of America during and immediately after World War II, successor to the United States Army Air Corps and the direct predecessor of the United States Air Force.
3. 1916 - Coca-Cola brings current coke formula to the market.
During the 1916 bottler's convention, Coke’s new contour bottle was chosen over other entries and was on the market the same year.
4. 1919 - US 1st class postage drops from 3 cents to 2 cents.
Wow! Congress actually lowered the price of a stamp. That never happened again!
5. 1923 - 1st permanent radio network-AT&T (WEAF NY & WMAF Mass).
The introduction of vacuum-tube amplification for telephone lines allowed AT&T to experiment with sending speeches to distant audiences that listened over loudspeakers.
6. 1961 – Diana, Princess of Wales, was born on this day.
Diana was born into a family of British nobility with royal ancestry as The Honorable Diana Spencer.
7. 1963 - Beatles record "She Loves You" & "I'll Get You."
8. 1966 - Medicare goes into effect…
After legislation was signed by President Lyndon B Johnson – Americans started receiving Medicare health coverage. Today, Medicare continues to provide health care for those in need.
Time for me to walk on down the road…