Good Day World!
If you were to leave a personal time capsule behind what would be in it?
Just for fun, name seven items you’d include so that future generations would know about your life. Your time. Your world. Your beliefs.
You can pick any size for your time capsule. I’ll take the lead - mine will be the size depicted in the photo above. My selections are:
The Life and Times of Dave Stancliff
1) My favorite photo of my wife, Shirley, and I. It’ll be dated and located.
2) My favorite photo of Shirley and our three sons, and I. It’ll be dated and located.
3) A photo of me in the Army at 19, standing next to a hooch in Vietnam. It’ll be dated and located.
4) A documentary video of the 1960’s – flower power, hippies, LSD, marijuana, and free love. It would include a brief introduction by myself about my teenage years, circa 1963 – 1969.
5) An audio chip crammed with all of my favorite music.
6) A big box filled with examples of all of my newspaper articles and columns, short stories, poems, and books.
7) A big box filled with my Los Angeles Laker’s memorabilia collection.
So there you have it. What would your seven picks be?
Time for me to walk on down the road…