Good Day World!
Today’s topic is superstitions. Everybody knows that if you spit on a new bat before using it for the first time it’ll be lucky…right?
You didn’t know? Well, don’t feel too bad my friend, there’s a lot of superstitions. Tons of ‘em. I’ve got a list from A to Z right here for you to see.
Some examples of what you’ll run across when you click the link above:
* If your right ear itches, someone is speaking well of you. If your left ear itches, someone is speaking ill of you.
“Left for love and right for spite:
Left or right, good at night.”
* To dream of a lizard is a sign that you have a secret enemy.
* If you leave a rocking chair rocking when empty, it invites evil spirits to come into your house to sit in the rocking chair.
* Three seagulls flying together, directly overhead, are a warning of death soon to come.
* Seeing a spider run down a web in the afternoon means you'll take a trip.
* Weather -
“Red sky at night,
Red sky at morning
Sailors take warning”
“Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day.
Rain on the green grass
Rain on the hillside,
But not on me.”
* The number of Xs in the palm of your right hand is the number of children you will have.
Time for me to walk on down the road…