It seems like a lot of people spend time dissing Wal Mart stores, as they are the corporate poster child for ripping off their employees. I’ve heard a lot of reasons why I shouldn’t shop there, but getting snake bit beats them all! I’ll make sure to stay out of the Garden Department if, and when, I visit Eureka’s soon-to-open Wal Mart at the Bayshore Mall. Here’s what happened:
A man says he reached down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Wal-Mart in Idaho, only to discover that it was a rattlesnake that then bit his hand. Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of a Lewiston store when he was bitten Saturday. The 47-year-old man from Clarkston, Wash., says it latched onto his hand and that he screamed and managed to shake loose the snake and stomped it to death.
The Lewiston Tribune (http://bit.ly/J4pfe5 ) reports a bystander drove Craig to a local emergency room. Craig says he was treated with six bags of anti-venom and was told that his hand could be permanently disfigured. He says doctors expect him to remain hospitalized until Tuesday.